First of all, I hope all of you are having a great new year so far!
I’ll write a post about the crazy journey 2020 was for myself and for NextPress as a team later this month but with this post, I’m going straight to the point: here’s the final roadmap for the last stage of development of WP Ultimo 2.0.
- Jan 18, 2021 – Alpha 6
- This alpha effectively contains all the major features in close proximity to their final form, although some nomenclature might still not be final. Some features that will be later moved to add-ons might still be present inside core at this time. (this is done to reduce overhead in maintaining a handful of different codebases at the development stage).
- Jan 20, 2021 – Form to request license conversion will go live (Gumroad/CodeCanyon > Freemius).
- As we mentioned some time ago, the new version uses the Freemius APIs to control license lifecycles (although we use a custom-developed activation mechanism as the Freemius one is not our favorite). This means that we will be sunsetting our legacy system of license validation.
- As a result, we’ll need to convert licenses created before Dec 15, 2018 into Freemius licenses. This will be done manually to avoid problems. Any license that does not begin with ‘sk_’ will need to be converted. The original terms of the license will remain in place (if they were lifetime, unlimited licenses, for example, the new ones will also be lifetime and unlimited). If your license starts with ‘sk_’, you don’t need to worry about this.
- Jan 27, 2021 – Public Beta
- This will be the first version to be released to the general public, however, you’ll need a license starting with ‘sk_’ to test it out (previous step). Although still technically not suited for production environments, this version (as well as the sub-sequent betas and RCs) marks the end of large API breakages. This means that it is safe to develop for it.
- Feb 11, 2021 – Stable
- The bottle of wine is set aside and I’m expecting a couple of happy tears to roll down once we get here. Will not be posting pictures of it though as I’m an ugly crier.
I know this road was much longer than expected and once again I would like to thank you all for your support and patience throughout this whole process.
Let me know if you have any questions via comments or email (I’m available as always at arindo (at) wpultimo.com).
26 thoughts on “WP Ultimo 2.0: Final Roadmap”
we look forward to it! Thank you
Looking forward to this release.
I am totally crying with you! Thank you guys! for all your work
Awesome good luck with the final steps for release. Looking forward to it!
Thank you for all of your hard work!
Awesome. Good luck Arindo!
Awesome work! Loving it all so far 👏
Thank you for the updates and your hard work Arindo and team. This is gonna be a game changer!
Will 2.0 support 6 month registrations?
Yes, you can create plans with pretty much any duration you want, from X days, weeks, months, and even years!
Yay! Thank you for all your effort on this. Can’t wait!
Congratulations Arindo. Looking forward to this 2.0 release
Awesome, that’s great news! 🥳
Great news! Will Woocommerce be ready?
Awesome -:) I’m also really excited to use v2.0 for my client’s WAAS. ARINDO are you going to add Domain selling ( using WHMCS ) functionality in this version or not yet?
Finally going to have 2.0 in under a month 🙂
Cannot wait, thank you for all your hard work team!
This only has already made 2021 great. Thanks guys for your hard word.
Ooooooh, have I been waiting for this, Arindo!!! I bugged you enough. That’s for sure.
Hi, is the license form out yet, I need to convert my license!
Yep! Here you go: https://wpultimo.com/convert-your-license/
It would be nice to have a live video in the FB group or Zoom to go over new features and functionalities. Detailed breakdown of the change logs.
Hey Arindo! First… Happy New Year!!! My best to you and your growing team.
Thank you all for the work in making 2.0. We are looking forward to it as our strategy for 2021 depends on several of the new features. And thanks for being consistently attentive. Be well, and stay safe!
Where can I get the public beta? Is it done via the v1 settings or a separate download (I assume it is a completely new file?)