Hi, everyone. Here are the release notes for version 1.2.1. It addresses some flaws in our previous release and implements some cool new features. Let’s see what’s new:
We hope that your network grows and grows and as that happens, the number of subscribers on your service will reach large numbers, making it extremely difficult to find a specific subscription on the current version. Version 1.2.1 addresses that by adding a simple but elegant search input on the Subscriptions page. All the searching is done via ajax, so no page redirects needed!
We revised the whole domain mapping functionality, caching relevant things in order to improve performance. The permissions system was revised to prevent one user that has a subscription from being able to access the Account page of another site he or she was invited to. The site template thumbnail scraper was optimized and is now 50% faster than the previous versions. The bug on the “display on the pricing tables” option in the plan edit page was also fixed.
Improvements and changes to the Signup Flow
The template selection filter now fully supports responsive design, turning into a select box on resolutions under 780px.
After the release of the last version, we discovered that WordPress has some consistency issues with session handling across different environments. That made it impossible for us to keep the payment step as a feature since WP Ultimo would try to charge an unlogged user, and there was no way of knowing if the session would be kept and therefore if the gateway redirect would be successful or not.
The “Payment Integration Needed” screen, however, was redesigned to have a look and feel similar to the rest of the signup flow, so that transition now seems much more natural. This new design is being applied to all error screens of WordPress as well.
Other than the removal of the payment step, as mentioned before, we also had to remove SSO from this version due to unsolved issues. SSO is the part of Domain Mapping that handles cross-domain logins, meaning it is responsible for keeping you logged if you go from networkdomain.com to a mappeddomain.org, on your network. We are still working on a solution for this, but as of now, version 1.2.1 does not contain SSO, so if you go from the network domain to a mapped domain, you might be asked to log in again.
As we discussed on the previous release, we are now going to focus on developing new gateway integrations, add-ons and etc. Our top priority is delivering on Plugin and Theme sales on our WP Ultimo: Plugin and Theme Manager, but we will also start to work on other time-consuming integrations such as a Pro Sites Migrator and the WooCommerce integration.
Complete Changelog – Version 1.2.1 – 26/05/2017
– Fixed: Template categories sometimes appearing two times;
– Fixed: Not being able to remove items from pricing tables for plans;
– Fixed: Pagination on Subscriptions page take status into consideration now;
– Fixed: Weird redirects when enabling domain mapping;
– Fixed: Mercator error message being displayed even when the enable domain mapping option was deactivated;
– Fixed: WordPress Overwrite options on WP Ultimo Settings – Network not saving properly;
– Fixed: Prefixed the bootstrap classes we use;
– Fixed: Problem with template selection with resolutions under 780px and console messages;
– Fixed: Removed the payment step due to login inconsistency across different environment;
– Improved: Added a new style to the WP Error page to make it more consistent with the rest of the plugin, including the “Payment Required Needed”;
– Improved: Switched screenshot scraper from file_get_contents to cURL for a 50% performance improvement;
– Improved: Added a more robust capabilities system to limit access to the Account page;
– Improved: Custom domain meta box now gives an error if the user tries to input a domain already being used in the network;
– Added: Shortcode wu_plan_link added to be used in custom pricing tables, use with plan_id and plan_freq;
– Added: Template selector turns into a select-box on resolutions under 780px;
– Added: Admins can search subscriptions on the subscriptions List Table – with ajax;
– Added: Terms of Service now can be set using a full-fledged editor, with prettier exhibition on the front-end;
– Issues: Removed SSO temporarily in order to prevent bugs from redirect loops until we can find a solution to the issues we are having with it.