Launching Admin Page Creator, WP Ultimo 1.6.2 with CPanel Support, MailChimp Add-on 1.1.0, and AffiliateWP Integration Add-on 1.1.0
tl;dr version: WP Ultimo 1.6.2 brings some fixes reported since the last release, including the AffiliateWP table error on sign-up. It also adds CPanel support to the list of supported domain mapping integrations. We’re launching a brand new add-on that allows admins to add pages to the sub-sites admin panel and new versions of our MailChimp and AffiliateWP integrations are out.
I worked in a bunch of different stuff the past few days that I want to share with you all!
New Add-on – WP Ultimo: Admin Page Creator
Adding new pages and sub-pages to the admin panel of your clients can be a complicated task if you do not have the necessary coding skills. Coupling that with access control, like only allowing certain plans or roles to access that page brings things to a whole other level in terms of complexity. WP Ultimo: Admin Page Creator aims to fix that.
WP Ultimo 1.6.2
This version is just a patch release, so not much going on in terms of new features. However, this version address two major issues users complain about for a long time: super admins no longer get removed from the main site when adding a new one and we also fixed the duplication error some users were having during the sign-up flow when AffiliateWP is active on the template sites.
This version also adds CPanel to the list of supported platforms for mapped domain syncing. Now, every new mapped domain gets automatically added as an Add-on Domain on CPanel. Network admins need to add come configuration to their wp-config.php to get this to work. Here’s a tutorial detailed the steps required.
If you want us to add support to another platform, please let us know in the comments below. Unfortunately, due to their API limitations, we are not able to implement a similar feature for Kinsta and Flywheel.
Complete Changelog for WP Ultimo 1.6.2
Version 1.6.2 - 03/05/2018
- Fixed: Small spelling mistakes on the dashboard;
- Fixed: Broadcasts widgets take the whole screen now on larger screens;
- Fixed: Link on the bottom of the HTML email template having a /1, which causes the link to be broken;
- Fixed: Making sure we don't show the "Use this Template" outside a sign-up context;
- Fixed: Small activation error on the site-hooks file;
- Fixed: Small bug on the Jumper builder, causing broken links;
- Fixed: Error copying AffiliateWP tables over from template sites halting the sign-up process;
- Fixed: Super Admin being removed from the main site when creating new site;
- Improved: All strings of the PDF invoices are now translatable;
- Improved: Added an option to filter the wp_die title;
- Improved: We now check post limits when trying to restore posts to avoid users trashing and restoring posts to bypass plan limitations;
- Improved: Invite and Account Activation emails are now sent using our email template;
- Added: Experimental Search and Replace filter added;
- Added: CPanel support! Domains get automagically added to the CPanel Add-on Domains panel after mapping;
MailChimp Add-on – Version 1.1.0
We also have a brand new release of our MailChimp Integration add-on available for update. It addresses a number of issues reported by users and it adds a new integration mode, allowing network admins to user MailChimp groups. I also wrote a tutorial explaining how to use the add-on that covers the new mode as well.
AffiliateWP Add-on – Version 1.1.0
A new version of our AffiliateWP is also out, adding support to Recurring Referrals! A brand new tutorial explaining how to use the add-on was also added to our knowledge base!
We are getting back to our regular schedule of new releases every 12 days or so with new features (with urgent fixes being released when necessary). Version 1.5.4 addresses some small issues reported by users, optimizes old parts of the code, and contain some cool long-waited features.
WooCommerce Integration Version 1.1.2 is also out with some fixes, as well as code to enforce that orders get automatically changed to completed after payment_completed() is called by the payment gateway, making sure WP Ultimo’s hooks run when they need to (to renew subscriptions and send out invoices)..
Version 1.5.4 comes packed with a lot of cool features, including:
Roles per plan
Super admins can now select different roles for each of the plans in the network. These roles will be used during account creation, but any change in that settings will also refresh the roles of all users on that plan, giving admins a lot of control over what users on a given plan can see and/or do.
Templates per plan
Another long waited-feature is the ability to filter what templates are shown to the client when he selects a given plan. WP Ultimo now allows super admins to overwrite the Available Templates on the template selection step on a per plan basis.
Locking Post Types
Another featured added to plans was the possibility of locking post types altogether.
Better subscription date control
Up to our last version, WP Ultimo only allowed super admins to change subscription dates (most importantly, the active until date) up to the day. Now it is possible to change the hour and minute for more granular control and better testing. This was also extended to the expire date of coupon codes and other parts of the plugin. A small clock was also added to the WP Ultimo’s top bar to display the server time in real time.
Email notification for Super admins on domain mapping
In some network setups, domain mapping can require extra actions for the network admin. In those cases, it is useful to get a notification when a client maps a domain to his/her site. WP Ultimo now has a email template to do just that, sending an email to the network admin when a new domain is mapped on the network.
Plan and Billing Frequency added to the Subscription -> Add New page
The add new page now allows super admins to select which plan and frequency to use for the newly created subscription.
Activity Stream Widget
Super admins will now find in their Dashboard a Activity Stream widget, providing an overview of the most recent transactions on the network. This is the initial version of the widget and more useful information and events will be added as we continue to develop this feature.
Gravatar display on the Subscriptions list table
To help makes things more personal and to add a little bit of color to a rather dull-looking page, the Subscription list table now displays the gravatar associated to the email used in that subscription.
Version 1.5.4 also includes important fixes, including:
- “Block Frontend Access” not working;
- Remaining time displaying the wrong value on the subscription management page;
- Edge-cases where broadcasts messages where being displayed to non-targeted users;
WP Ultimo - Version 1.5.4 - 11/02/2018
- Fixed: Active until "remaining" string on the subscription was returning trial values instead of the right value;
- Fixed: "Block Frontend Access" option was not working;
- Fixed: Added the 'key' keyword to the sensitive info filter to prevent infos like the MailChimp key from leaking into the frontend settings array;
- Fixed: Added extra checks on the invoice generation process;
- Fixed: Edge-case where broadcasts messages where being displayed to non-targeted users;
- Fixed: Subscriptions created by the panel now use the default role set in the Settings, which is also filterable;
- Improved: Email Blocks on the Settings -> Emails now is displayed with a lower opacity if that email is disabled;
- Improved: Post Type limits now handles singular and plural limits. "1 Post" and "10 Posts", for example;
- Improved: "/mo", "yoursite" string present on pricing table added as a translatable string;
- Improved: Subscriptions list table now displays Gravatars to make things a bit more personal and colorful =);
- Improved: Replaced jQueryUI DateTimePicker with FlatPickr;
- Added: Support to modifying subscription dates by the hour and minute, to allow further control;
- Added: Server time clock on the top bar to help admins when managing subscriptions;
- Added: Activity Stream widget on the Network Dashboard;
- Added: Notification email to let the network admin know when a user mapped a new domain to his site (thanks, Simon, for the suggestion);
- Added: Added plan and billing frequency fields on the Subscription -> Add New page;
- Added: New engine to install setting defaults without evoking loops;
- Added: Post Type Block: Super admins can block specific post types based on the user's subscription plan;
- Added: Role per plan: Super admins can now select a role to be used when the user signs up with a particular plan;
- Added: Template Options per plan: Super admins can now filter which templates will be available on the template selection step based on the plan selected;
WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration - Version 1.1.2 - 11/02/2018<br>- Fixed: Link to Pay being generated dynamically to respond to changes to WooCommerce endpoints;<br>- Improved: We now force completed status for our orders when payment_completed is called to make sure our renewal hooks run when they should;
Now you can extend your WP Ultimo payment options to allow your subscribers to use all of the many available methods on your WooCommerce install!
How it Works
The WooCommerce Integration works in a very similar way to the way our Manual Gateway works. it offers a ton of flexibility to your users, allowing them to chose any of the payment forms available on your WooCommerce install. The downside is that every payment must be paid manually at the end of the billing period. Here is how the flow works.
- The user chooses this payment option on his panel. The default label used for this payment option is “Dynamic Payments” (you can change it on the WooCommerce Integration Settings page).
- Once the user billing period ends, the user subscription is put on hold. At the same time, an order will be created on the WooCommerce install of the main site of the network. That order can be easily accessed from the Subscription Management screen.
- The user then receives an invoice in his email, with a link to perform the payment. That link will redirect him to the WooCommerce payment screen, where he or she will be able to select one of the available WooCommerce gateways.
- Once the payment is received, the subscription is renewed, the payment is logged on WP Ultimo and the order is set to complete.
- WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration requires WP Ultimo version 1.4.3 to work.
- Default functionality of WP Ultimo still works with this integration form. For example, issuing refunds from the Subscription Management Screen will communicate with WooCommerce to issue the refund using the selected payment form.
- WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration relies on WP Cron to work. This works very well most times, but if the site has low traffic then the cron is not prompted to check for scheduled events and the event is missed, which can cause execution delays.
- While this plugin was tested repeatedly under various circumstances, this is a beta release. Please contact us if you run into any issues by sending us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now you can Integrate your WP Ultimo network to your MailChimp Account with simple. You can link certain plans to MailChimp Lists and automatically add subscribers to those lists on signup, plan change and user removal.