Hello everyone! It took a bit longer than expected, but WP Ultimo 1.7.3 is finally out! It brings some important bug fixes and cool new features. Let’s see what’s new:
tl;dr: This version addresses bugs involving login obfuscation giving 404 errors; It adds Closte.com Support with autoSSL, allows super admins to add coupon codes from subscription management screen, and let them choose how to handle sites above the quota on downgrade;
We were content by Closte.com and we worked closely together to integrate WP Ultimo domain mapping with their platform. Like WP Engine, there’s no extra setup necessary on your part: if you are running on Closte, WP Ultimo and their platform are automatically connected.
This means that every new mapped domain will automatically be added to Closte.
They also offer a really cool autoSSL feature for all the domains added. The result is as soon as your client maps a new domain, not only his domain will be automatically synced with Closte, but it will also have its own Let’s Encrypt cert fetched within the next minute or so! How awesome is that?
Adding coupons directly from the Subscription Management Screen
It is now possible to apply coupons after the sign-up directly from the subscription Management screen as a super admin. There’s still a few limitations, though. A coupon can only be added if no integration is active at the moment for that subscription.
Handling Sites above quota after a downgrade
Since few releases back, super admins are able to decide how they wish to handle client’s posts when downgrade happens. This is useful to prevent clients from creating sites at a higher tier with fewer limitations, building a site, and then downgrading to a lower plan.
The same thing is now possible for sites. On WP Ultimo Settings Network Settings, super admin can now decide how they wish to handle sites above the plan quota when a user downgrades, choosing between keeping them accessible or making them unavailable until the user upgrades again to plan that allows for a higher number of sites.
Now, if you send the signup link with a template_id parameter in the URL, that template is automatically selected and the sign-up process skips the template selection step!
- Super Admins can disable visits counting on the plugin options (WP Ultimo Settings Network Options).
- The super admin now receives two extra emails (that can be disabled on WP Ultimo Settings Emails): one if a subscription becomes inactive and one if a payment fails for whatever reason;
- WP Ultimo can now be activated directly from the wp-config.php. Read more about that here. This will be implemented for add-ons as well in the future.
- We now have a translation platform for those looking into helping WP Ultimo internationalization efforts. Read more about that here.
Relevant bug fixes on this release:
- Login Obfuscation causing 404s on pages like Password Recovery, Logout and others: Fixed;
- View subscription on Stripe always redirecting to Stripe Sandbox: Fixed;
- Coupons sending wrong values for Stripe when using absolute discount values (not percentages): Fixed;
- Subdomain being used on scripts and images instead of the mapped domain in some places: Fixed;
- Responsiveness on the Template Previewer screen: Fixed;
Version 1.7.3 - 13/08/2018
* Fixed: When wp-login-php obfuscation is active, the user was getting the 404 error page on logout;
* Fixed: wp-login.php Obfuscation was not fully supporting password reset;
* Fixed: PayPal gateway starting output without ob_start() on the PayPal button code;
* Fixed: Scoped chosen.js styles to prevent conflicts with other plugins, like Give;
* Fixed: Graphs of the statistics page are now working again;
* Fixed: Link "View on Stripe Dashboard" was always redirecting to the sandbox version of the Stripe Dashboard;
* Fixed: Stripe not formating the values of coupons correctly when using absolute values;
* Fixed: Second level serialized array not being picked up on Search and Replace;
* Fixed: Some scripts and images not using the mapped domain when a mapping is activated;
* Fixed: Responsiveness of the template previewer on mobile screens;
* Fixed: Login after signup is now fixed on WP Engine (finally!);
* Improved: Updated the "Translate WP Ultimo" link;
* Improved: Removed the "remove site" link when the user has only one active site;
* Improved: Make sure we display the "Add new site" link to users without sites, even if the "Enable Multiple Sites" option is disabled;
* Improved: Allow admins to filter the min length of passwords on signup (wu_password_min_length);
* Improved: Super Admins can now choose if they want to have visits limitation and counting or not;
* Improved: Alert messages asking for confirmation when super admin clicks the Delete button on the Plans list or inside a plan edit page;
* Improved: Alert message asking for confirmation added to the cancel payment integration link on the Account page;
* Improved: The webhooks menu is now a first level menu;
* Improved: License Key fields are now password fields;
* Improved: Super-admins can add the license code to the wp-config.php file to activate the plugin, using define('WP_ULTIMO_LICENSE_KEY', 'KEY_HERE');
* Added: Super admins can now block the frontend of sites above the quota number on Network Settings - this is useful when a client downgrades to a plan with lower site quota;
* Added: Option to add coupon codes to subscriptions on the management screen;
* Added: New email template - Super Admins now get an email when a subscription becomes inactive, allowing them to take action, if necessary;
* Added: New email template - Super Admins now get an email when a payment atempt fails, allowing them to take action, if necessary;
* Added: Signup URLs can now contain a template_id parameter to auto-set the template and skip the template selection step;
* Added: Closte.com domain syncing support with no extra configuration steps necessary. It also includes AutoSSL!