tl;dr version: WP Ultimo 1.6.2 brings some fixes reported since the last release, including the AffiliateWP table error on sign-up. It also adds CPanel support to the list of supported domain mapping integrations. We’re launching a brand new add-on that allows admins to add pages to the sub-sites admin panel and new versions of our MailChimp and AffiliateWP integrations are out.
I worked in a bunch of different stuff the past few days that I want to share with you all!
New Add-on – WP Ultimo: Admin Page Creator
Adding new pages and sub-pages to the admin panel of your clients can be a complicated task if you do not have the necessary coding skills. Coupling that with access control, like only allowing certain plans or roles to access that page brings things to a whole other level in terms of complexity. WP Ultimo: Admin Page Creator aims to fix that.
WP Ultimo 1.6.2
This version is just a patch release, so not much going on in terms of new features. However, this version address two major issues users complain about for a long time: super admins no longer get removed from the main site when adding a new one and we also fixed the duplication error some users were having during the sign-up flow when AffiliateWP is active on the template sites.
This version also adds CPanel to the list of supported platforms for mapped domain syncing. Now, every new mapped domain gets automatically added as an Add-on Domain on CPanel. Network admins need to add come configuration to their wp-config.php to get this to work. Here’s a tutorial detailed the steps required.
If you want us to add support to another platform, please let us know in the comments below. Unfortunately, due to their API limitations, we are not able to implement a similar feature for Kinsta and Flywheel.
Complete Changelog for WP Ultimo 1.6.2
Version 1.6.2 - 03/05/2018
- Fixed: Small spelling mistakes on the dashboard;
- Fixed: Broadcasts widgets take the whole screen now on larger screens;
- Fixed: Link on the bottom of the HTML email template having a /1, which causes the link to be broken;
- Fixed: Making sure we don't show the "Use this Template" outside a sign-up context;
- Fixed: Small activation error on the site-hooks file;
- Fixed: Small bug on the Jumper builder, causing broken links;
- Fixed: Error copying AffiliateWP tables over from template sites halting the sign-up process;
- Fixed: Super Admin being removed from the main site when creating new site;
- Improved: All strings of the PDF invoices are now translatable;
- Improved: Added an option to filter the wp_die title;
- Improved: We now check post limits when trying to restore posts to avoid users trashing and restoring posts to bypass plan limitations;
- Improved: Invite and Account Activation emails are now sent using our email template;
- Added: Experimental Search and Replace filter added;
- Added: CPanel support! Domains get automagically added to the CPanel Add-on Domains panel after mapping;
MailChimp Add-on – Version 1.1.0
We also have a brand new release of our MailChimp Integration add-on available for update. It addresses a number of issues reported by users and it adds a new integration mode, allowing network admins to user MailChimp groups. I also wrote a tutorial explaining how to use the add-on that covers the new mode as well.
AffiliateWP Add-on – Version 1.1.0
A new version of our AffiliateWP is also out, adding support to Recurring Referrals! A brand new tutorial explaining how to use the add-on was also added to our knowledge base!