Hello, everyone. Version 1.5.5 is out! It adds some cool new features and fixes important issues across the plugin. Let’s dive in, shall we?
tl;dr: 1.6.0 containing tax support will take longer, so 1.5.5 is being released as an intermediary release with new features. It addresses mapped domain issues in the customizer; implements a top-bar on the site template screen; global plugin activation for plans, and notification emails when trials and subscriptions are about to expire.
Why 1.5.5 and not 1.6.0?
Our original plan was to release version 1.6.0, a major update containing tax support and VAT functionality. However, Implementing Tax support and making all the features around it 100% VAT compliant requires some changes on how WP Ultimo processes things internally, which will take more time to get done.
As we had a bunch of cool features and important fixes implemented, we didn’t want to make you wait a lot more so we could ship them alongside tax support, so I decided to release this intermediary version to make the new features & fixes available.
Tax Support & VAT will be released soon as a “feature-plugin”, meaning it will be available on the add-ons page as a free add-on so people can test and provide feedback. After that phase, we will incorporate that feature into core once everything is sorted out.
What’s new on 1.5.5?
Here are some of the cool features we added on version 1.5.5.
Top-bar on Site Template Previews
WP Ultimo now adds a top-bar on the site template preview screen, during the sign-up. This allows the potential client to simply click on the “Use this template button” to select that template, to easily navigate between templates from the drop-down menu (with mini-previews) and even visualize the responsiveness of the chosen template by switching to different device screen sizes.
The top-bar colors and texts can be edited in the WP Ultimo Settings -> Styling Tab, and this functionality can be disabled altogether on WP Ultimo Settings -> Network Settings.
Activating and Deactivating Plugins for Plans
Network admins can now globally activate/deactivate plugins for all the sites on a specific plan directly from the Network Admin Plugins list.
The process is done in the background to avoid timeouts and other issues (possible when dealing with large networks) and runs the activate and deactivate hooks of each plugin selected, allowing them to correctly set-up custom tables and other necessary things if needed.
Expiring and Expired Trial and Subscription Emails
Emails for expiring and expired trial periods and subscriptions were also added in this release. Network admins can now set in how many days before the trial or subscription is set to expire they want to send the notification email.
An email also gets sent once the trial or subscription expires and no payment method was added.
Both emails can be disabled and modified in the WP Ultimo Settings -> Emails Tab, where the admins can also set the “days prior” setting.
This version also addresses important issues, especially regarding mapped domains.
The customizer now loads sites with mapped domains without any issues on the previewer screen. Image srcset attributes are also being filtered, replacing the old image URLs with mapped versions when a domain map is present, prevent CORS issues.
Version 1.5.5 - 07/03/2018
- Fixed: Change plan was not triggering role change and meta update of plan_id on the user;
- Fixed: We now force avatar display on our pages even when that option is disabled on the main site settings;
- Fixed: Customizer not loading preview in when a mapped domain is active;
- Fixed: Domain Mapping box on User Account page now gets the right URL for CNAME for Multisite installs running inside a directory (like yourdomainname.com/wp, for example);
- Fixed: Subscription being marked as "trialing" wrongfully because weak type checking of the trial days attribute;
- Fixed: When a site template was no longer available, a "false" option would be displayed in the template selection screens during sign-up;
- Fixed: Fixed on the double animation effect on the princing table frequency selector;
- Important: We now use the locale of the user to render the Stripe box - Support languages: zh, da, nl, en, fi, fr, de, it, ja, no, es, sv;
- Improved: Changing the trial now updates the active until, to make sure we correctly categorize subscriptions as "on-hold";
- Improved: The quotas widget is now always hidden to the subscriber role;
- Added: Coupons now support limitations by plan and billing frequencies;
- Added: Top-bar added on the template preview page;
- Added: Notification Emails added for expiring and expired subscriptions;
- Added: Notification Emails added for expiring and expired trial periods;
- Added: Option to Activate and Deactivate plugins for plans directly from the Plugin Screen in the network admin;