We are getting back to our regular schedule of new releases every 12 days or so with new features (with urgent fixes being released when necessary). Version 1.5.4 addresses some small issues reported by users, optimizes old parts of the code, and contain some cool long-waited features.
WooCommerce Integration Version 1.1.2 is also out with some fixes, as well as code to enforce that orders get automatically changed to completed after payment_completed() is called by the payment gateway, making sure WP Ultimo’s hooks run when they need to (to renew subscriptions and send out invoices)..
Version 1.5.4 comes packed with a lot of cool features, including:
Roles per plan
Super admins can now select different roles for each of the plans in the network. These roles will be used during account creation, but any change in that settings will also refresh the roles of all users on that plan, giving admins a lot of control over what users on a given plan can see and/or do.
Templates per plan
Another long waited-feature is the ability to filter what templates are shown to the client when he selects a given plan. WP Ultimo now allows super admins to overwrite the Available Templates on the template selection step on a per plan basis.
Locking Post Types
Another featured added to plans was the possibility of locking post types altogether.
Better subscription date control
Up to our last version, WP Ultimo only allowed super admins to change subscription dates (most importantly, the active until date) up to the day. Now it is possible to change the hour and minute for more granular control and better testing. This was also extended to the expire date of coupon codes and other parts of the plugin. A small clock was also added to the WP Ultimo’s top bar to display the server time in real time.
Email notification for Super admins on domain mapping
In some network setups, domain mapping can require extra actions for the network admin. In those cases, it is useful to get a notification when a client maps a domain to his/her site. WP Ultimo now has a email template to do just that, sending an email to the network admin when a new domain is mapped on the network.
Plan and Billing Frequency added to the Subscription -> Add New page
The add new page now allows super admins to select which plan and frequency to use for the newly created subscription.
Activity Stream Widget
Super admins will now find in their Dashboard a Activity Stream widget, providing an overview of the most recent transactions on the network. This is the initial version of the widget and more useful information and events will be added as we continue to develop this feature.
Gravatar display on the Subscriptions list table
To help makes things more personal and to add a little bit of color to a rather dull-looking page, the Subscription list table now displays the gravatar associated to the email used in that subscription.
Version 1.5.4 also includes important fixes, including:
- “Block Frontend Access” not working;
- Remaining time displaying the wrong value on the subscription management page;
- Edge-cases where broadcasts messages where being displayed to non-targeted users;
WP Ultimo - Version 1.5.4 - 11/02/2018
- Fixed: Active until "remaining" string on the subscription was returning trial values instead of the right value;
- Fixed: "Block Frontend Access" option was not working;
- Fixed: Added the 'key' keyword to the sensitive info filter to prevent infos like the MailChimp key from leaking into the frontend settings array;
- Fixed: Added extra checks on the invoice generation process;
- Fixed: Edge-case where broadcasts messages where being displayed to non-targeted users;
- Fixed: Subscriptions created by the panel now use the default role set in the Settings, which is also filterable;
- Improved: Email Blocks on the Settings -> Emails now is displayed with a lower opacity if that email is disabled;
- Improved: Post Type limits now handles singular and plural limits. "1 Post" and "10 Posts", for example;
- Improved: "/mo", "yoursite" string present on pricing table added as a translatable string;
- Improved: Subscriptions list table now displays Gravatars to make things a bit more personal and colorful =);
- Improved: Replaced jQueryUI DateTimePicker with FlatPickr;
- Added: Support to modifying subscription dates by the hour and minute, to allow further control;
- Added: Server time clock on the top bar to help admins when managing subscriptions;
- Added: Activity Stream widget on the Network Dashboard;
- Added: Notification email to let the network admin know when a user mapped a new domain to his site (thanks, Simon, for the suggestion);
- Added: Added plan and billing frequency fields on the Subscription -> Add New page;
- Added: New engine to install setting defaults without evoking loops;
- Added: Post Type Block: Super admins can block specific post types based on the user's subscription plan;
- Added: Role per plan: Super admins can now select a role to be used when the user signs up with a particular plan;
- Added: Template Options per plan: Super admins can now filter which templates will be available on the template selection step based on the plan selected;
WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration - Version 1.1.2 - 11/02/2018<br>- Fixed: Link to Pay being generated dynamically to respond to changes to WooCommerce endpoints;<br>- Improved: We now force completed status for our orders when payment_completed is called to make sure our renewal hooks run when they should;