Hi, everyone! Version 1.3.0 is finally ready! It brings general improvements all over the UI as well as under-the-hood performance boosts. It implements needed changes to upcoming add-ons (like the Plugin and Theme Manager), a new template list shortcode and full Multi-Network Support!
Changes in the Versioning number use
As you may have noticed, this version is being released under version number 1.3.0. We are doing that to address one major issue that popped up during this development cycle and that was the major factor why it took so long for us to release it. From now on, we will reserve minor version numbers (e.g 1.x.0) for any release containing new features and keep patch version numbers (1.1.x) for – as the name suggests – patches. Only minor releases will get a Release Note post. Patches will be released as bugs are reported and fixed. That will allow us to quickly deploy important patches to all users without stopping the development of new features.
With that in mind, is time to dig in the new features and improvements.
Template List Shortcode
You can now use the shortcode [wu_templates_list] to display the templates on the front-end of your site. It can take the show_filters (with 1 for true or 0 for false).
WP Ultimo now offers full compatibility with Multi-network support, the next level of multi-site abstraction. Each network will have separate tables for subscriptions, transactions, and site relationships despite sharing a single users table. We recommend that you use https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multi-network/ plugin to enable multi-network on your install.
Rich Text Content Editor on Text Fields
Some WP Ultimo settings that used to be available as simple text area fields now support a full-fledged rich-text editor. Some examples include the email content editor fields, the Pricing Table extra lines editor on the plan pages. Issues some users were having saving the data on those fields were also resolved, so no slashes are being added to the content after saving and links are working.
Add-ons, Multiple Accounts (beta) and extensibility hooks
This version also supports the direct install of free add-ons. We released our Multiple Accounts (beta) add-on, and it can be installed now directly from the add-ons page now with version 1.3.0. Multiple Accounts bypass the WordPress email address check on certain plugins’ registration forms (we only support WooCommerce in this beta version) to allow users on the network to create a new account on a subsite store or vice-versa (an user that created an account on a WooCommerce subsite store would be able to signup on your Ultimo network without getting an “email already taken error message”). We’ll add more plugins to the supported list as we move on.
Plugin and Theme Manager: Extension Sales
We had (and are still having =/) some technical issues implementing the extension sales functionality for the Plugin and Theme Manager add-on. We are making progress, tough, and plan to release it in the next days (we are implementing the final transactions integration and testing). Keep an eye on the Add-ons Page of WP Ultimo (we’ll probably send an email out as well =D).
Complete Changelog – Version 1.3.0 – 03/07/2017
– Fixed: Small issues with the template selection screen;
– Fixed: Email content editor saving URLs in a weird way, adding slashes;
– Fixed: Site Template description not being saved on the “Edit Template Info” screen;
– Fixed: Variable Dump including sensitive information;
– Fixed: Plan re-ordering not working on different languages;
– Fixed: WP Ultimo icon on multi-network;
– Fixed: Terms of Service field adding extra “\” after quotes;
– Fixed: Error on creating new sites from the admin panel with a plan and template;
– Improved: Uploads Quota can now be set as hidden on the plan pricing tables;
– Improved: Prefixed SweetAlert to avoid conflicts with other plugins;
– Improved: Replaced the content field for email templates with WP Editor;
– Improved: Added an ID to each plan HTML markup on the pricing tables;
– Improved: Added an extra check to the domain mapping (now called System) step on the Setup Wizard, to check if the right version of sunrise.php was loaded;
– Improved: Added an extra check to the System step on the Setup Wizard to make sure the logs directory exists and is writable;
– Improved: The features list field now uses a WP Editor widget, to allow the addition of bold text, italic, and links without editing HTML code, the same applies to the Broadcast message field;
– Improved: Add-ons page now handles installs for free add-ons;
– Improved: Duplicator now copies extra tables as well;
– Improved: Added hooks for adding extra elements to the Advanced Options on the edit plan and coupon pages;
– Added: wu_templates_list Shortcode added to display all the available templates on the front-end;
– Added: Warning message on the System Info tab if the logs directory is not properly configured to be writable;
– Added: Filters to change the labels and tooltip texts on the signup fields;
– Added: Option to enable or disable copying media files from the template sites;
– Added: Support to Multi-Network Environment (beta);
– Added: Readded the SSO script for single sign-on login;
– Added: Widget for Forum Discussions on the Network Admin;