Hello, everyone! Here’s what’s new on version 1.1.5. This version addresses some of the issues reported by users and implements Broadcast Messages! We are also releasing a new Add-on: Plugin and Theme Manager!
Our next release (Version 1.1.6) will be devoted to giving consistency to domain mapping and SSL handling as well as allowing users to create multiple sites under their subscription (with a feature to limit the number of sites per plan).
We fixed a number of small issues in this release, including formatting values for Stripe, some errors while creating sites from the admin panel etc. Also, our settings API can handle the addition of new settings with defaults now. The signup flow now offers a back button if users want to go back to a previous step.
Admins now also have the option to disable monthly billing if they wish to do so. There is also a new option on the settings panel that allows admins to highlight different billing periods by default, so the pricing tables will be displayed with yearly as its default state, for example.
The major feature contained in this release is the implementation of global admin messages. On the network panel, the WP Ultimo menu has a new submenu item called Broadcast. In that screen, you will be able to add custom admin notices to your clients’ admin panels, as well as send them emails, all with powerful targeting options.
Add-on Released: Plugin and Theme Manager
WP Ultimo: Plugin and Theme Manager is a powerful tool to give you full control over the way your network users see and interact with the plugin and theme options on your network.
This add-on serves three purposes:
- It lets you completely change the metadata of both plugins and themes. That includes name, description, author name, and even thumbnails! It also has the added bonus of letting you categorize plugins and themes, to allow your users to easily sort them out.
- It gives you the option to replace the old, boring plugins page with a new themes-like page with sorting by categories.
- (To be implemented in the next releases) The ability to offer some plugins and themes as paid add-ons to your clients’ site.
Just to keep with the tradition, the add-on can be purchased on Gumroad as well, and we are giving a 15% OFF discount to the first 15 buyers.
IMPORTANT: If you were an early adopter, you need not buy this add-on. It will be available for direct installation on your WP Ultimo -> Add-ons page, in your admin panel.
Version 1.1.5 – 24/04/2017
– Fixed: Remote calls for activation API returning non-numerical values;
– Fixed: Formatting errors on Subscription values Gateways;
– Fixed: Small issues with resetting passwords;
– Fixed: Network active plugins do not show up on the subsites plugins page anymore;
– Fixed: Some small issues when creating sites from the panel using a plan;
– Improved: Added the all_plugins filter to the Plans advanced settings;
– Improved: Settings API now let us pass default values to the get_setting function;
– Improved: Settings API now allows add-ons to save their defaults on plugin activation;
– Improved: Core settings of WP Ultimo are now displayed on the System Info page as well;
– Improved: Image fields in the Settings now supports the removal of a previously uploaded image;
– Improved: WP Ultimo now saves the defaults when new options are added to it;
– Added: Link to go back to previous steps added to sign up flow;
– Added: Admins can now disable monthly billing if they wish to do so;
– Added: Admins can highlight a different billing frequency by default (eg. You have monthly, quarterly and yearly billing enabled, but you want the yearly to be highlighted by default);
– Added: Broadcast system: admins can now post admin notices to sites network-wide, targeting by plan and user; they can also send emails using the same targeting system;