Hello, everyone! Here’s what’s new on version 1.1.4. This version is not a major one, containing small but necessary changes to allow us to keep moving forward, especially with releasing new add-ons.
We are also going to adopt a policy of constant – probably weekly – updates. This short feedback loop will allow us to expand the feature set of WP Ultimo while making sure that we minimize the chances of failure associated with big releases.
Add-ons page and activation system
In previous versions, part of the activation process was done in the plugin itself. That process is no longer a good approach since we are selling WP Ultimo in different sites now, so we need to be able to quickly change the way license codes get validated, and it is impractical to release a new plugin version everytime that happens. As a result, we moved the whole activation process to our update server. Every call you local copy makes uses your license key as a password. That way we can check if you have a valid license.
Our add-ons page now makes use of this, getting the list of available add-ons remotely.
During our pre-launch campaign, we promised our early supporters that they would get free access to all of our to-be-released add-ons. Now the add-ons page let those users remotely install add-ons directly from the admin panel.
First Add-on Released: AffiliateWP Integration
We are also releasing the first add-on: AffiliateWP Integration. It will compute referrals on your main site and add the correct value to the referrer commission. The payment is kept as pending until WP Ultimo receives the confirmation of the payment from the selected gateway.Future improvements will include removal of the commission value in case of refunds and a lot more.
The add-on can be purchased on Gumroad as well, and we are giving a 15% OFF discount to the first 15 buyers.
IMPORTANT: If you were an early adopter, you need not buy this add-on. It will be available for direct installation on your WP Ultimo -> Add-ons page, in your admin panel.
Version 1.1.4 – 07/04/2017
– Fixed: Subscriptions with price set to zero being locked anyways;
– Fixed: Small compatibility issue with Live Composer Page Builder;
– Improved: Activation now only checks the license code remotely, not locally;
– Improved: Pricing tables now display an error message for logged users before redirecting them back to the home page;
– Added: Partial Vietnamese Translation (Thanks to Richard Tuan);
– Added: Now users can overwrite the list of allowed themes by enabling themes for each site individually;
– Added: Settings and Documentation links added to the plugins table on the network admin;
– Added: Add-on page now let users buy add-ons, also let those with pre-launch licenses install all available add-ons directly from the admin;